Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Henry turns 48




Today I read that this heat had broken more records than ever. Why does it always seems to have been hotter and colder than the records show when you were a child?

I remember the summer of 1952 when water was gone from creeks, rivers and our well( a hole in the ground that people used to get water from). The dust was so thick that my big bare feet were buried up to the top of my toes. No air conditioners and no tvs until later that year.

Now thats hot and dry. It seems like the snow we had in 1960 March in Bartow was the deepest I had ever seen including the storm of 1993.

Today is the birthday of my oldest nephew. The first grandchild of my parents and looked forward to with great joy. He turned out to be one the smartest and nicest kids I ever knew. He could read by the age of 2. Always wanted to go see Pap, who called him Abe. Why we never found out?

He ended up living with them until 1967. He served time in the Air Force as an MP. Turned to real estate and owned an electrical company. Moved on to become one of the EBAy people. Takes care of his Mom. Just a few things that show He is still one of the best.

Happy Birthday Henry Howard Leonard Williams. His mom thought He would be the only one fooled her She had 3 more. 2 boys and 1 girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home