Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Two Sons and some Family







In playing around with the camera I managed to get a few shots to take that I would be able to download. The camera gave out on me before I could get all the shots I wanted.

The one of my Father and Mother was taken when I was about 4 years old. It was always a camera and pictures of the relatives. Where most of the pictures are now, who knows. The war years and the thirties and fifties are well documented.

I managed to save a few, not the ones of the lake before it was a lake. You should see some of the rocks and trees that are in the bottom of Alltoona. Maybe they will show up and a later blog will have them.

The Grandmother was the last to move out in 1954 from the family places Macedonia. Most of them are buried there and at Center Baptist in Cartersville. Some passed and I did not get the message until 6 months later.

The picture of the 4 kids was taken about the same time as the other. I think we traded clothes and toys. Amazing what a rock does when used for a car on a mud road under an old porch. An spindles from a thread mill before they were all shipped over seas. All are still living, but the generation below us have mostly passed away.

The electric power had not made the country when these were taken. It was a weird life. My Grandmother had nine children and all of them lived within 10 miles of each other. Only one is living today.

The two ball players are mine. Ages 6 and 8 . AllStars of course. Just threw them in because I love the picture. Nick on the right and Eric on the left. It seems they always end up that way in pictures.

1 Comments:

  • Nick would never admit that he had his all-star picture taken with his Snoopy watch on. Now I have proof!

    By Blogger Rube, at 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home