Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Atlantic Ocean and Islands in the Sun







For those of you who have just begun summer Here are a few pictures of the ocean I visited several years ago.

I was dreaming of an ocean voyage. I have been on so many it gets old and then all of a sudden all you want to do is feel a breeze in your face from the deck or look out on beautiful towns in the ports we visit.

I will be so glad when I can get the Alaska pictures downloaded. The hard copies are a little hard to put on a blog. The Inner Passage can get rough, a few years ago we were on one of the Holland Line, Maasdam maiden voyage and man was that deck rolling. The pools are usually located on the Lido deck and water was washing out of the pool and back into the drain to the sea.

The night we were on a Carnival Ship,Jubliee, in the Pacific and did a uturn with me falling out of bed and all the bottles in the bar falling off breaking glasses and booze etc everywhere. My roomate slept thru the whole thing and did not believe me until we got up on deck the next morning. For some reason I have not heard from her in ages. She lived in California and everything that could go wrong went wrong for her, she was a fan of Babylon 5 and a few of the stars were on that cruise. One she liked a lot came by to say Hello and she almost fainted. Of course we learned later He was a nut. Hear He went into rehab after pulling out naked pictures of His old girlfriend at a lunch one day. Yuks!!

Then the cruise where a couple of friends took me to Charlies Bar in Aruba. Then we took a small ship sailing after a few drinks I asked to pilot the thing and man was it great. A few more and we might have found Johnny Depp. George kept urging me to have just one more and not being a heavy drinker I think I almost had one to many.

The same ones that took me to Stingray City off some weird island and those things may be friendly to some, but I swear I was black and blue from being nudged by those ugly things. This was after a side trip up Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios where I got to the top and fell flat on my sit down place. I was a sad looking soul for a few days. By golly we did have fun.

I have had so many things to remember from that group of SeaTrek and CruiseTrek people it is memories for a lifetime. Thanks to all who worked so hard to make the trips fun.

1 Comments:

  • That's Sam, drinking up a storm and taking over the sailboat. That's technically a mutiny, you know!

    By Blogger Rube, at 12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home