Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Home Sweet Home





Today 21 years ago ,I was on a month long vacation. It rained every day. My oldest
son had a wreck. We were both ok, but shaken. The guardian angel let us stop before the mud slick road tossed us upside down on the railroad track.

We lived in a place called Toonigh. Named for a railroad stop in the early 1900's because it was too nigh close too nothing. Today it is growing an almost as big as the city of Woodstock. which is about 5 miles away and Holly Springs about 5 miles away.

Where we lived had become a place of bad memories. We were left for another. Although it should have been a bitter time it made the 3 of us closer. But living next to your ex in laws can be weird, so when the old man offered me $10000 to move I prayed to find a nice place to land in.

I had gone to a seer in 1983 and she had told me I would find a house not upper class but in a great neighbor hood. She said a few other things that had actually happened so with a little faith I started looking. My nephew was with me when we passed the old neighbor hood and He asked me if I would like to look there. I told him there was no way I could afford the houses in that section. Since I was driving, I felt the steering wheel turn on its own. We landed at a house on the back street of the subdivision and found the perfect place. The door had a lock box on it and was supposed to be locked, but when I touched the door it came open.

We found the house was in solid condition,but in need of tender loving care. It was painted the yellow of mustard and blood red shutters. Old brick had always been my favorite and as a kid I wanted to live in an all brick home. Three bedrooms and 2 baths, big kitchen, fireplace in den, living room and a utility room for washer and dryer. It was surely out of my range. No way could I afford this. But oh ye of little faith, just wait till the angels take it over. It was ours the minute we found it. I just did not know it yet. The steering wheel was only the beginning of weird stuff. The next door neighbor was the most popular kid in school and he ended up best friend with my Sons. You name it it was taken care of. So never give up when it looked the worst a new door always opens and we got to leave the weird place.
My nephew talked me into calling the real estate broker. The house was ready to be repossed and they wanted $50000. It was within my price range, but I had just been divorced and 2 teens to raise I did not think I would be able to afford it.

Thinking back the seer had told me I would find a house, never have to worry about payments being made. Nice house and we would love it. So I began to believe and the deal was settled within 3 weeks or less. July 27 1984 we signed for the house and since she had told me the seller would be a J inital I was shocked to see the paper work. The sellers offical name was J and the banker was John.

It worked out great. I was retired with enough money to finish paying the mortagage off and it only took me a year for the paper work to come to officially make it mine.

1 Comments:

  • What a beautiful story!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home