Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Endangered Squirrel







The other day I recieved and email stating a red cheek squirrel had been discovered in California and had halted the building of a multi millon dollar power project. The tonge in cheek report, ended with an uncomfirmed report that one of the committee of environmentalists had run over the squirrel nest in question, killing the entire family of squirrels. Sad to say but I think a few of them got away and are living in my back yard.

This morning Miss Rose barked and I heard a movement in the den. Since she barks at Jonesy everytime He moves towards her food supply, I ignored it. Later after making the rounds and not getting any sleep last night, I followed her into the den and turned on the light and so help one of the rare red cheeked squirrels was hanging from my old picture and crawling around the molding of the room and screaming.

Mr Jones the great hunter, sat on the patio and looked at Miss Rose and said "You found it you handle it."

I am not very fond of the animals I have to scare or take out of the house or find under my bed in the hot summer belly up. Usually chipmunks. The squirrel had gotten hungry because I had not feed them in the last week.

So here I go at 430a with a camera and a dust mop to chase the stupid rare creature out of the house. Now the door is wide open, food leading to it and I have to get the mop after him. What does he do? He takes a flying leap at me and I nearly fall over the end table and he goes about 80 miles an hour out the door up a tree and the mighty hunter JJ sits and listens to him scream. Miss Rose goes back to her bed and guards her bonies.

How can you not love two nuts like them. Jones and Miss Rose.

This is for Rube and Ann, the peanut butter will be there in a few days. Love ya

1 Comments:

  • You're one lovely peanut butter angel :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home