Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Rainy Night in Georgia







As I listen to the rain and thunder outside it is a great feeling. It has been over 100 degrees all week and this is only July. It will be very muggy here today if the rain leaves for the Carolinas. Hopefully cooler temps.

It is such a pleasure to see the outside world around the year. After working for ages and never being able to do what I please. Now I know what the bumper sticker means when it says I am retired I do not Make Decisions.

Jonesy and Rose made their yearly checkups this week and thank goodness I have not killed either one with my tender loving care. Of course the lady of the brood had a spell this week when I thought I would have to put her in the hospital, mental that is. The little stinker bit me on the hand. The hand that feeds her.

My oldest son is changing jobs next week and He is on pins and needles about the test he took the other day. It will be his birthday before He finds out if he passed. He is a smart guy and has studied hard I feel He will make it.

He will go to work for the telephone company in Ellijay. Not a part of BEllSouth where I spent nearly a lifetime. I wish him luck and would love to see him in pole climbing school. I learned in the 70's when I was the 1st female in Cobb County to be an outside technican. The other techs were great, but the boss I had was pure male chavaniest. A stinker that would not last in todays political correct world.

YA I fell off a pole. Ended my career outside and no I did not hug the pole. The splinters are not what you want when you have a big front. The turkey left me out on the site until after 5pm when one of the tech drove me to the office. A supervisor at the office saw what my ankle was doing and I ended up in the emergency room. By the way the turkey picked on the wrong people and was severly beaten by a bunch from Alabama that did not put up with his mouth and hateful remarks.

A side to the pole fall, of all things it was being filmed for tv news Women in unusual jobs. Just my luck to make the evening news while I am in the emergency room. And believe me the group of techs never let me forget it. They are a great bunch to work with. Most have retired and gone on to better things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home