Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Monday, July 03, 2006

Life in General







The last fifty years have been eventful for me and for the world. I graduated school. 1956. Married 1966,divorced 1981, bought a house 1984, retired in 2003.

The best of course was the birth of my 2 sons. When I was younger I wanted to be a space explorer, instead I explored the Telephone company from manuel boards to climbing poles and the last years sitting with my feet on a desk working crossword puzzles. Of course I got my work done, not much happens between the hours of 2 and 6 am in the metro area of Atlanta.

When they starting downsizing the company I did not accept the offer but later they made an offer I could not refuse. It paid for that house I bought and shopping great auto to drive and great times in general.

I sailed 14 times. Spent Christmas in Germany 3 times. I have seen most of the 50 states and a few countries. I have seen the city of Rome and the Vatican.

Lost a lot of dear and precious friends and relatives. I miss Mom and Dad, but the one I have the hardest accepting is a friend from Baltimore. She was so full of life and developed liver cancer in 1997. The worst year I can remember. I lost or found out 3 cousions younger than I had cancer, ms, etc. But life goes on.

The World Trade Center was a turning point in 2001. I have a friend who made it out of the second tower. He was also there when they tried to blow it up in 1993.

I was working the day Kennedy was shot. The day the plane crashed at Orley Field in France with most of the elite of Atlanta Society. Storms hit and sunny days and snow. The times I walked out and My stepmother talked me into going back to work.

It is amazing how fast time flies. My Wyoming is still one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Would live there if I had the nerve to leave this place.

Guess you can read the history of the world to know how many wars and peace agreements that happened from 1939 to 2006. I always claim I started ww2.

How many presidents? Roosevelt, Truman, Eisenhouer, Nixon, Kennedy, Reagan, Bush and little Bush, Clinton, Carter, Ford. Who did I leave out?

Happy Fourth of July from the USA

2 Comments:

  • What a nice retrospection. Have a great 4th!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:51 AM  

  • Hope you had a good 4th of July, Mom! We had a nice night out, watching Germany lose to Italy, but the weather was beautiful.

    Didn't get to grill, much, but grilling's not all that much when you're a vegetarian.

    Tell us a bit more about the squirrel, why dontcha?

    By Blogger Rube, at 5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home