Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Sunday AM






Another day wasted. I think I have been retired for four years and my brain thinks only of games. Luxor is the marble shooting faze of my life.

I love getting pictures of different and unusual things. I have really enjoyed the pictures of the farm in South Dakota. To see the hard work those two put in and their love of the wild life and their pets.

It has been a good retirement. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would be blessed with this good life. I would have loved to thank My StepMother for her help in getting me to go back to work at the company. 37 1/2 years later here I am. My own computer, my pet cat and my pouting poodle.

I would love to take a few more trips before I get too old to enjoy them. I want to see New Zealand and Australia and of course England and Scotland.

Never would I have dreamed I would get to travel to all the places I have. When growing up my Dad used to say I had my bag packed to go somewhere while returning home from a trip. You know he was right.

All it takes is a little shove and off I go. My camera and bag can be packed in less than a hour. The only big deal is the animals and some of my best friends take care of them.

I want to go to Montana sometime later this year or maybe next year. Another trip out west. Love those states. The beauty of the Rockies has to be seen to be believed. Wyoming is my state of choice but the surrounding states come mighty close.

The plains are beautiful but I do not like the weather. Snow and ice can be handled but tornadoes are deadly. We have a few around here. I have seen and been thru a few but never been in a house or building that blew apart.

When working I was in Dunwoody Ga when the big one hit a couple of years ago and the power and trees in the area were hit. The company gave me and emergency kit. A flashlight with my name on it. Still have it in case I ever get in another one. Haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home