Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Game Time





This has been a long 40 days. I gave up my game of Luxor for the time and am trying to get over playing it so much.

Of course Eric did not think I would make it, but I did. Now if we can get his passport and move completed everything will fall into place.

Cub scouts on monday night with David and his brothers was pretty neat. It brought back some funny memories of a big company sending people to school to learn to tie knots. I spent a day in 1978 learning what the scouts were being taught last night. I actually passed the thing with flying colors. It was the blasted pole climbing with my frontage that gave me such a time. I had seen another person hug a pole on the way down and she was splintered horribly and I made up my mind I would get up and down and If I every took the leap off one it would be no way I would hug it.

Less than a year later I fell 15 to 17 ft and landed on my feet and rolled backwards, knocked the wind out of me and then some reporter stuck a mike in my face, while I was on my back,
saying she was filming women in unusual jobs and I made the 6 o clock news. Heaven help the kidding I took from the other techs. Who were always nice to me.

I left that career after a few months because my ankle was damaged in the fall, but no splinters.

Life goes on but memories are selective and never know when they will pop up. One of the pictures today is of Nick and Eric in World of Disney. They took at least 25 rolls of the sights and the girls there. Eric had a broken foot and was walking on a cast. Nick was taking pictures of him around the park trying to make a friend, He finally ended with a wooden indian. The one Nick took a picture of last year.

1 Comments:

  • ... old Rube (Eric) was one wild little tike!....

    Eric
    www.straightwhiteguy.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home