Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Spring Time





You used to hear the phrase April Showers bring May flowers. Must have been for the Northern part of the country. We started having flowers in late January. My yard always produces flowers planted by the former owner.

What a surprise we got the first year when all the tulips and hyacinth started coming up. The azeala bushes were so beautiful this year. They are now taller than my head. I am 5 ft 6 in.

The rain has not developed like it should so now we are in the midst of a drought. I look and see how many trees have been taken out in the name of progress and it does not surprise me very much. Many years ago Cobb County paved half the county with developments and their temperature went up several degrees.

Another thing that seems to bug me is the idea of taking the water from the ocean and desalting it. Seems that it would make another ecologist mess. Forgive me but I saw so much of Alaska's snow disappear in Glacier bay back in 93. It may look like it is not much, but think, the ice age is no more the warming trend started a long long time ago.

On my soap box and so you can quit shaking your head, the nut case may believe in trees, but at my age you see what destroying them does to the next generation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home