Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Fathers Day a little late

I remember my Dad as tall quiet and helping his sisters and brothers. He passed along a good deal on tall tales, but he made you love him for his gentleness.

My Dad had the good luck to have two wives that loved him. One my Mom in his youth. They were married in 1928 and she passed away in 1970. She told him to be sure and not try to live alone. She knew how his health and life was. He needed someone to watch over him.

The second mom lived next door to us for many years and her husband passed away in the 50's not sure of the date. But Mom picked her out for Dad and he married her in September after Mom died in May. Some say it was quick, but He told me he was seeing things and needed someone to be with him. Ms Anna took care of him and loved him dearly. Her Mother was dying of cancer the same year that Dad had his pace maker put in and she still never left his side for two weeks.

Sorry I have no pictures in the compturer to show how they were. His first and second loves.

My sons were part of his life and He took them on fishing trips and trips to the Smokies. When HE passed away a hole was left in all our hearts.

Love you Daddy. Miss you. There is a lot more to him but have to go . Alarm going off and its time to leave for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home