Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Cass High School class of 56







Reunion time 50 years. A good time to see how things change and how a class survives. Even a couple of our teachers were there. The one who taught us the We the People speech and believe it or not half or more of the class still remembered it and recited it back to him with laughter as they recalled having to stand in front of his desk while He ate his lunch and recite it.

We lost 16 members of a class of 76. Some to accidents and a lot to cancer and other dreaded illnesses. Some of the best and miss you all after all these years.

I had gone to school with some of class for twelve years. Some came in later from other schools in the county. A couple of cousions and lots of good friends, country kids all fresh faced before Rock and Roll and drugs changed the face of students. Hard working, loving and loyal. Love you all. Miss seeing you all these years.

Well to add to the fun I toppled over in a chair, turned a flip and landed on my ego. So what do you do for an encore. nothing. Just stand up and laugh with the rest. If it had been some of the others it would have been a disaster. We all compared our health and boy am I glad to be one of the healthy ones.

One of the wives is a gambler with several winning streaks of 25000 dollars. It would not take much for me to become an obessive gambler, as much as I love to play.

Me I just travel, boring home time, except for Rose, JJ and the grandkids. The others all do church work or charity or grandkids. A few love to travel and had been to some of the places I had been too. Some are still working, but seems most had retired.

One of the grads had lost her class ring in Hawaii and when it was found they sent it to the school for return. Some surprise, the lady lives in California and made it to the reunion. Was she ever shocked. Her daughter had lost it several years ago while on vacation.

One of the guys had been to the Crazy Horse mounement and even to Cody Wy and Yellowstone some of my favorite places. One had lived in Pasedena Ca and was shocked to hear that I had been there.

When I was a child and Dad built our old house, the man who worked on it with his sons, one of the sons was dead and the other was there and had become a large construction company owner.

On and on the list went. A lot of them had become workers in their churches and did a lot of taking care of the sick. The place was set at the home of one of the guys grandfather. It was the kind of place I want. A large pond feed by a freshwater spring. Trees and more trees. The food was catered and very good. Weather 90 degrees plus. HOT Baby Hot. I was glowing and the men were sweating. Us southern ladies glow, you know.

It is hard to remember a lot of the details but I was glad to see that I was not the only one with a lot more of me than in 1956.

Love you CLASS OF 1956 Cass High School Bartow County Georgia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home