Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday Fishing






These pictures have nothing to do with this story, just a few of my favorite shots.

Over the weekend my two oldest grandsons entered a fishing contest and won 1st and 3rd prize. When I heard it. I thought of my Dad taking Eric and his brother camping and fishing when they were about the same age.

When they came home after a week of camping on the lake with him. the suitcase was a little fishy smelling and to put it bluntly I put it outside the house to ease the odor. Later in life it could have been compared to a hockey players bag after a season or two with not washing the equipment pads and closed up, except for the games.

The oldest is 14 and was very excited about the prize, one of the first he had ever won and when I told his Dad, shock was in his voice "I never would have believed He would even want to enter a fishing contest must less win.

1 Comments:

  • Racoon?? You won't tell me that was his nickname in high school? Haha :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home