Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, June 21, 2007

To Anna Happy Birthday June 19



Mrs Anna was a neighbor of ours for many years. Her and Mom and Dad were all good friends. When her husband died my folks watched out for her. When Mom was dying she stayed with her at the hospital many times, including one night when they had put mom in a room with a cancer patient who was dying and the odor was so bad that they held sachets under their noses so they could breath.

Her sons were gospel singers and traveled a good deal from the time they were young. I lost track of them for many years after I left home. After mom passed Anna and Dad were married. He and mom had decided that he could not be alone after she was gone. She told me that she had told Daddy the same. She had chosen Anna because she knew she would take care of him.

My Dad was lucky in marriages he had two great wives. Being 65 he did not have much time left, so some people felt it was a rushed job. Not so they took care of each other. She stayed with him in the last year as much as she could and more. Her mother was also in bad health in Tennessee. For two weeks she never left his side at Emory when he had a pacemaker put in. He passed away the following November. The pacemaker was put in on Aug 16 1977 so you can imagine what a day that was pacemaker, my oldest sons birthday, and Elvis left the building.

One of her sons was killed in a plane crash in 1980. The other two are still living. Still preaching and singing I hear. They do not keep in touch with me.

She was responsible for me going back to work for BellSouth and being able to live the good life I do now in retirement. For that I am very grateful and will all love her for all she did for our family. She was a never tiring spirit and I miss her. Peace be with you and I know you and Mom are angels now.

She was Eric's stepgrandmother and she loved him. Her and Dad gave him this Easter Bunny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home