Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Rose and Jonesy






These two mutts have a lot in common. They were both adopted from people on the sidewalk.

Jonesy came from Walmarts in the 90's. He was so beautiful I had to go back and get him. We had 3 other cats here and boy they did not take to him. So when my niece moved I gave the gang of three to her. They are well loved and taken care of.

Eric saw him the day we got him and thanked me for his birthday present. I hate to tell him but I did not know what to get him and Jonesy happened along. The best present he ever had or so he said.

Well Eric ups and goes to Germany in 97 and here I am with Jonesy again. In march of 98 I took Jonesy to Germany via Zurich. The stinker slept all the way. If it had been after 9/11 he would never have made it. The rules and regulations are to strict.

In the airport when I took him to the bathroom with me I let him out of his cage and the first thing he did was use my winter coat for a potty. I wondered why until Eric told me he hated that coat and would be glad to get rid of it.

When Eric came back to the states in Oct 98 he had to come cargo and would have nothing to do with Eric for a week. So when Eric went back to Germany, I talked him into letting Jonesy stay here. I told them He was staying where he was. He was too old to fly.

Now Miss Rose came to us when the Dalton Humane Soc. had a giveaway or buy the shots. Some how she was the most expensive deal they had. Never been sick a day in her life. You should see the scars she has on her. Now she is really spoiled but smart as a little dog usually is. She reads rest stop signs when you travel and barks or whines 1 mile. She was a pain to travel with so last time she stayed home.

Rose and Jonesy are friends but you are not supposed to notice it. She makes sure He is in every night If he does not come in by 2am she starts sending him signals via brain power I think. He usually meets us at the back door.

He even brought her a squirrel one night. She must have really given him an earful, he has not tried that again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home