Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Visiting Austria






Snow and more snow the Alps in Austria

It was my pleasure to visit Germany and Austria during the Holidays. Thanks to my delightful hosts I ended up seeing a lot of snow, which for this Southern is a maddness to see more of it,except when I was working at the communications co which required be there or else. I found out in my early life with them, that meant be there period.

The Europeans take care of the snow and we Southerns just go nuts and listen to the Yankees tell us how it used to be up North durng the winter. The top of the poles were the only thing showing.. I often wondered how could the lines be down if the poles were topped out with snow?

Back to the subject. I had a picture taken of me and my youngest standing next to a sign of Mom leading child across street. We have a tradition in the family of taking weird pictures. It goes back to World of Disney.

Have a nice weekend and when looking at these pictures of snow in Austria and Germany think about the record breaking temp outside now. It was 70 f/not celsus.

Peace and thank you for reading this record for the last 2 months .

1 Comments:

  • Man, if you liked the snow when you were here, you'd love it now! We got 20 inches yesterday.

    By Blogger Rube, at 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home