Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Cat Time




The other day my screen saver came up with the picture of Jonesy sitting at the computer. It was taken a little while after I retired a few years ago. When Jonesy was an only pet or child he slept in my lap a lot when I was on the computer.

As we sat at the computer a pop up came up saying "You won a free vacation" Wow! Jonesy yawned and looked at the screen.

I asked him if he wanted to enter the contest. And he hit the keyboard, which I took to mean He did. Well guess what, He won.

About 6 weeks later He got a phone call asking when Mr JJ Williams wanted to take his free vacation. He was going on this fablous vacation, all expenses paid, and the caller really needed to talk to him.

I tried to explain that Mr Williams would be unable to accept this trip. After questions were asked. I started laughing and the caller wanted to know what was so funny.

I explained that Jonesy had been sitting in my lap and He was a cat. The caller sounded astounded and wanted to know how a cat could enter a contest?

Well I told him he was a pretty smart cat and he had asked to enter by hitting the keyboad. I thought that would be the end of it. But no for 2 years Jonesy got calls asking when he was going to take the free vacation.

He just yawns climbs on the old ironing board and takes another nap.

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home