Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Saturday 07 07 07






So how was your luckiest day of the century. My was pretty good. No gambling, so did not know if I would have won 10000 pennies again.

I am looking forward to 09 09 09 that will probably be my luckiest day of the century. It seems a 9 is always around somewhere in my life. When I worked all my numbers seem to be a 9 or added up to a 9.. Guess thats why I am very glad I stayed with the company. It ended with a bang of great luck for me. A retirement I could never have imagined, thank you Lord.

My Saturday started out with no sleep for 24 hours. Long trip with my grandkids and best friend. In the limo it is very easy to travel with kids. One took over the back seat coming home and played his game in total comfort. The restless one wore headphones and watched videos all day when traveling. The other played games talked to us and just enjoyed being with no arguments all day.

We were in Cherokee NC for the Indian Powwow. The kids feed the bears at the show uptown. Waded the creek and threw the rocks . Zeni has those pictures of all 4 of us wading in the shallow water and when the others headed for the deeper water as all watchers do, you yell do not get wet. and then see how long it takes for them to accidently fall into the water.

We saw mallard ducks playing with a pet dog in the water. A few tiny fish and no big ones. Lots of people were floating down the river and creek all day. It sure looked like fun. The day was beautiful but warm and overcast at times but still a great day.

The restaurant we ate as was a disaster. Three cooks did not show up for work and what food we had we had to beg for it. Finally the hostess told us what was wrong. It would have been easier for us to understand the lousy service if our waitress had not passed the table and looked the other way and not offering our table refills. So I had the salad bar and began feeding the group what they would eat off of it. Finally the food came and it was really not worth the wait. Waffle house would have been a heck of lot better.

My new cell phone rang and it was Mom telling us that Ian's dog had gotten lost. He told them where to look and they found her. She had an allergy to a dog flea medicine. So all pet owners be careful of advantage x it can cause bad trouble with pets.

My cell rang again and more bad news. One of Dad's nephews daughter had drowned in a pool. No other info on it. she was 21 months old and apparently got away from the babysitter and fell in .

When we got home the dog had been found given a bath and was on the way to recovery. It was sprinkling rain. I was so tired I came home took a shower and slept till my son called and said He was on the way to visit us. A rare occasion, but enjoyable.

We saw one our favorite Indian dancer in Jasper for a few minutes and when we got to the powwow his picture was on the advertisement all over town. Could not believe it. It was such a crowded stage we left after a few of the dances. It seems on cement it is hard to perform traditional dances. Oh well it was neat to be in the Cherokee NC area.

I had visited it several times as a child and only once or twice as an adult. The magic grows with the more you learn about the native Americans. We visited a graveyard overlooking the town and it was dedicated to the ones who served the country. Quite a few of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home