Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Computer loses Mind






Not really but it sure felt like it. Rose and I were playing on the computer Thursday night and had just logged off the internet. A thunder and lightning storm hit and one jarred my house and thanks to the surge protector it did not destroy me or the computer. It did knock out the modem and a card in the base.

With Eric off line, I was going nuts. The blog, emails and etc were offline and I could not figure how to clear it up. I picked up a new modem on Friday and on the way home I felt I needed a new phone, so when I picked it up, I failed to charge the batteries. My cell phone ran out of minutes months ago and since I rarely ever use it I gave it to David when his went missing.

So here I am Friday no internet, but telephones working fine. Then when my oldest son called me on Saturday, He asked what I was doing, when I told him sleeping the phone cuts off. So back to bed I go, he never calls back, He lives in an area with cells that run out if you know what I mean, but he always calls back.

Later talking to the repair center my phone kept going dead. Cutting off the poor lady at the center who was so nice. Then when I could not call out It hit me no internet. No telephone, no cell phone. So I go to the nearest store and purchase a cell with minutes instead of a contract. Now I have phone service the computer to play games on and what a quiet week it has been.

Today Michelle got the card replaced and it looks like I am back in business. Alls well that ends well.

Thank you all so much for your help and good thoughts to those whom I bugged to get back on line.

Love ya Happy Fourth of July

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home