Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Shirts for your Birthday







The other day Eric was home and got his ticket messed up and had to leave before he could get Noah's birthday present. So I took his money and ran.

The boys and I had lunch and spent most of the money on games, but with instructions to get a Threasher shirt I began shopping. How many stores around this town carry those zip. We were riding around Sunday and ended up at Calhoun Vanity Fair Store and this is a small North Georgia town. Not thinking of finding them, I started looking and lo and behold in this out of the way place, I found exactly what I was looking for. Only trouble I got the wrong size.

It is about 30 miles from where we live and so today I got to return it. The clerk was so rude I almost left it with her. I finally got it exchanged after the cash register would not work and the nice clerk kept working and calling on the intercom for help. We got the right size and on our way back I took a long way home. Ended up on ga hwy 140. It was the most beautiful fall colors I have seen in ages.

The road is narrow and off the beaten path. Mixed with the golds and reds and greens were small creeks or branches of water with the leaves slowly flowing down stream. It really made me feel a lot better.

So I get home and the boys are not in. The shirts are still in my possesion. Guess I will hear from them soon. In fact I may run away from home and go looking for more country roads I traveled on like today.

Some of these are reprints but I love them so I redid it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home