Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lambert 1976 to 1988







A cat like no other I have ever owned or been owned by. We found his mother when she adopted us when we lived in Tyson Estates and moved with us to Tonigh.

She was a very good mom and Lambert helped kitten sit the younger kittens as they came along. The neighbors cat was a bad mom and she took over for her, sometimes feeding as many as seven babies at once. With Lambert watching over the young while she ate and took a rest.

Lambert could cause road rage if he had been human. He could shot a bird with his tail and if a visitor caused him to be put outside he would let them know it was His house not theirs.

When we moved from Toonigh to the house we live in now I told him not to go out of the fenced yard because He did not know the neighborhood. So the next morning He was at the back of the fence on the outside just where I could see him and He let me know He was the boss.

I left the house one morning and heard this screeching of a cat being killed, but he was sitting looking like the cat that ate the canary. I looked at him and he moved enough to show me he was sitting on some stray cat that had come in his turf.

I miss him but Jonesy makes up for a lot, no one will ever believe the things that big boy did. He got sick and when I took him to the vet. They made the mistake of taking his tempature thru the back and when they left the room he hopped off the table and with a smirk on his yellow and white face must have left a puddle the size of 2 feet by 4 feet in the corner. Eric and I both were trying not to laugh when the vet came back in.

The stories go on and on. But sad to say the last illness took him and when he came back from the vet and was still sick I promised I would not take him back, they had not treated him well. The next day he kept near me and that night he disappeared. I found him and buried him in the back corner He had claimed as his in 1984.

With special love to my buddy and friend Lambert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home