Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Weekend of Nothing







It is getting a little cool today and I am so happy for it. This nice weather makes me think of Daddy and His brothers getting ready to go kill deer and other food.

It seems like Daddy usually hunted with his eyes instead of a rifle. His family always killed enough for all of us to share.

He knew where and when to look for wildlife and how to enjoy the days of fall. It was one of our favorite seasons. The trees turning and getting ready for winter.
Birds flying south and overhead making so much noise. I did not realize my house was in the path of the south and north bound journey until the first fall we lived here. Now my car gets sorta covered more often than it does any other time of the year.

Christmas was never my favorite holiday because we were to poor to really enjoy it, without feeling guilty about not being able to give gifts to all we wanted too. The Thanksgiving was always my favorite. Guess thats why I like to have the family around for the turkey and goodies.

Of course when they all went vegetarian there went my fun. My Nephew usually has a huge dinner and food you would not believe. Especially last year when the turkey was a little black due to the frying but tastee just the same.

Its fall and I feel great. The sky is blue and the rain came while I was asleep.
Miss my children and grandchildren tonight.

Jonesy is here trying to type and Miss Rose growling and shaking like she was freezing to death.

Cody Museum for the animal heads. The bird courtsy of family.

1 Comments:

  • "The bird courtsy of family."

    Yup, only family could be thanked for giving you the bird! Glad you feel the same about us, as we do you.

    BTW, I can whip up a pretty mean desert on short notice, so y'all come back now, ya hear?

    Gotta go; I have deer & turkeys to shoot.

    "Cows in the driveway is my idea of a traffic jam."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home