Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Know Thyself Kidd






This has been a day when everything I touched or did turned to manure.

It started out quietly, and moved down from there.

When I got to the hospital to take my bloodtest, I think I was the 1st person this nice lady had signed in, every simple instruction had to be given by an instructor took 15 mins. This is usually a 5 min or less deal.

Took the test and ate breakfast, simple huh. It started raining and cool, and I am in my summer clothes. The food stuck in my throat. The coffee was the best and it was too hot to drink.

So far so good .

Shopping for something for E's birthday, I found nothing. Started home too collect my daily nap. This was at 930a this morning. Leaving the shopping center, I busted a front tire on the curb . So curb hopping is not a good idea , at least I did not hit the other car.

AAA came within 15 mins. Bless them, by this time the rain was beginning to get a little heavier.

The driver took me to the dealer in Canton about 20 miles from the incident, good news, busted tire no undercarriage damage. But the tires are radials, can not put different tires on same car, so I opted for a new set.

It would be 2pm or 230pm before car could be finished. So the car from the dealer took me to the close by shopping center. Meantime I was ready for another light lunch. Did some shopping and called the dealer for the pick up.. Guess what they put me on hold for 10 minutes.

By this time the sky looked bad. I gave up and began to walk toward the dealership. By the time I got there I was soaked, and looked like a drowned witch.

One of the employees came with an umbrella for the last 50 ft . The faces of the others only told me how bad I looked. Bless them they did not laugh to my face.

The mechanic had gone to lunch and the other guy, as a joke, had been the one to put me on hold. I was livid . I asked for and got a discount on the new tires. They apologized and behind my back had a great laugh.

What I learned was that I could walk a mile in the rain and survive. I did not hit and cuss out anyone. I tried to remember my angel was with me. 70ish and walking in the cool wet rain is not something your doctor would want.

But I survived.

The dog is a lot better , and Jj is bitching about the rain again.

2 Comments:

  • oh no!!! What an awful day! :( I'm glad they at least gave you a discount, geez. At least it's nice and sunny today! I'm sure the boys are more than up for Taco Bell, as usual.

    Love you bunches,
    -Jor

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 AM  

  • wow, that wasnt cool of them, glad to hear the pets are doing well-

    -Ian

    By Anonymous Ian, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home