Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Blue Angels






The Blue Angels were in Marietta today and a friend and I went to see them. Very scary at times and beautiful always, to see the flying of America's finest. The Navy can be proud of them.

The weather was chilly for this time of year and guess it was what the old folks call blackbery winter. The time when the blackberries are blooming. If the amount of bushes I saw today, in bloom, are any indication it will be a bumper crop for blackberries.

Sorry did not get any pictures of the flyers. If my two sons had taken that profession up I would have had to close my eyes and wish them well. They were such daredevils as it was. To see 6 planes flying, rolling, playing almost tag is scary and a wonder at the same time.

They flew so low we could almost say hello to the pilot, but the noise of the jets would have drowned out the HI you all.

1 Comments:

  • "Blackberry Winter". I'll have to remember that one; I like it.

    I always bite my nails when I see airshows, because it seems like so many of them go badly. But those guys love doing that stuff, and people love to see it, so I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    Where are the pictures from?

    By Blogger Rube, at 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home