Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Graveyard Stone




You hear about the picture of the Virgin Mary on cheese sandwiches and windows and tree knots, but the day I saw this it floored me. We had been checking out geneology for the family and this cementary was one of the last we checked.

I was sitting in the truck and looked up, I looked again and their it was on the back of the stone. A picture of a girl in what looked like a headress in blue marble veins. At the back of her is a picture of an older man and in the middle a baby sort of.

My grandchildren call it a gnome. Whatever it sure is startling when you first see it. some people can not make it out and then at an angle it hits them like it did me.

Just another Georgia weird place. See if you can make out the young girls face and the old man behind her in the stone.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home