Cowboys Aren't Sheepherders

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Cody Wyoming






Today I keep thinking about all I saw last year and of course Cody Wy stands out. It was the middle of May, and as most of the stories about Wyoming, they have 2 seasons July and Winter.

I found the weather chilly and rainy at times and then again being from the south if the temp is not in the 60's or over it has to be cold. The people in Cody are some of the nicest people in the world. The only person I met on my trip that I would call rude was in Lander at the Best Western. I do not think she was a native of Wyoming. Too miserable within herself. She really had a hard time being a motel clerk and I often wonder, was it a punishment to herself, or just to much trouble to find another job.

I drove thru southern Wyoming, thru Windriver Canyon and Lander, the dinasor city and stopped at a small church, St Theresa in Meeteetse. Up the road to Cody I saw at least 6 rattlesnakes, dead or dying on the road. The mild weather had brought them out.

Finally made it to Cody and the same motel, Rose and I had stayed at last year. We saw a lot of the places we had been unable to go with her. The first view of the Tetons in the distance, this time I was going to see them up close and personal. Yellowstone Natl Park is 84 miles from Cody thru some of the most beautiful country you could hope to see.

The Museum was one of my first stops in Cody. Established by Buffalo Bill Cody. It has Nature part, gun part, indian part, and history and art parts. It was something you could go to for a week and still not see it all. I am enclosing a few pictures of the art work. Courtesy of the museum who own rights to all these for public use.

The Irma Cafe was a stop I enjoyed. Old Hotel named after Buffalo Bills daughter. and the shops along to small town streets, different from your everday fare. Of course they have a rodeo, It was just too early in the year to be open.

Anytime you can go to visit Wyoming GO....

Peace

1 Comments:

  • Nice pictures, and nice story! Although I'm sure it would've made it a lot better to have a brave, strong poodle with you to protect you from all the rattlesnakes!

    Nice writing, and take care

    By Blogger Rube, at 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home